Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson


Summary: After Ginny’s Aunt Peg died, she left her thirteen little blue envelopes, in which included an adventure across Europe for the summer. Ginny followed the first twelve letters, only to arrive in Greece and have the last letter stolen. Now, a couple of days before Christmas, Ginny receive an e-mail from a guy named Oliver, claiming he found her stolen letter. Ginny agrees to go to England to meet up with him and retrieve the last little blue envelope, in which details the whereabouts of one last painting waiting to be discovered by Ginny. The catch? That Oliver gets to come with her and gets to keep half the profit of the painting. Ginny finds herself embarking on yet another journey across Europe with a strange yet intriguing young man and only one little blue envelope to show her the way.

Review: When I saw that there was a second book to Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes, I was a bit surprised. The first book had come out in 2006, so I had read it about five years ago. I barely have time remembering the details of the books I read last month, so trying to remember what had happened in the first book was somewhat difficult. Aside from being published so late, I thought this book was pretty charming. We get to follow Ginny on yet another adventure, but she only ends up going to three different places, which was kind of disappointing. Also, I really liked Oliver's character but we only got to know more about him in the last five pages of the book. The story was nice and fun, but it was lacking some of the details and explanations that I really wanted to read about.


2 comments:

  1. What a cute story. Thank you for sharing your review. I am a new follower. Hope you'll venture over to my blog and follow. Donna
    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'll be sure to check you out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...