Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Book Review: We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) by Jenny Han

Summary: Two years after finally deciding to be with Jeremiah, Belly isn't living the happily ever after she expected to have. Once at college together, Jeremiah starts to act different than the boy Belly fell in love with, betraying her trust in the worst way possible. Jeremiah's actions make Belly question if she chose the right brother after all, and force her to confront feelings that she has never forgotten and to choose, once and for all, if it's Jeremiah or Conrad she really, truly loves. 


Review: Words cannot even begin to describe how mad I was after reading this book. I fell in love with the series since the first book came out, but now I can't believe it ended the way it did. First off, Jenny Han COMPLETELY changed the characters I had grown to love. Jeremiah was sweet, caring, and amazing, but in this book he was such a jerk I couldn't stand it! Secondly, nothing really happened in the book except for maybe three major events. This makes it move slow and repetitive. And then it all wraps up in three pages, which really made me upset because I wanted to know how life was after Belly finally made her decision, but no. Now I have to say, Jenny Han is an excellent writer who really knows how to bring out emotions in her book, I just hated the way she toyed with her readers by making them jump from guy to guy because she kept on changing personalities throughout the series. Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't like not being sure about what I'm feeling, especially about people who aren't even real. So all in all, I feel like two is too harsh, but four is too generous, so a I give three stars to the book that is written exceptionally well but was unfair to the readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...