Sunday, May 29, 2011

Movie Review: My Soul To Take

Summary: An average man living in a small town with his pregnant wife and daughter turned out to be a savage serial killer. One night, the police caught him, but the ambulance crashed before it could make it to the hospital with the man and police officers. Since that night, no one knew if that man lived or died in the crash. Now, 16 years later, seven kids, who were born the day the serial killer was caught, are slowly being killed off. Did the man survive or has his soul been reborn into one of the seven? Bug (played by Max Thieriot) must figure out the truth before every one of the seven, including him, are dead. 


Review: Now normally I hate scary movies, but My Soul to Take was okay because, to me, it wasn't that scary. Yeah, people die and scary things pop out of nowhere, but the over all story was predictable, so I wasn't too freaked out. The only reason I really saw this movie was because of Max Thieriot (from Nancy Drew and The Pacifier), who I am completely in love with. So enduring an okay movie to see him was definitely worth it. The story itself was mediocre, but one thing that bugged me (pun intended) was when strange things would happen to Bug and they never really explained why. They may have hinted at some explanations for his behavior, but they never actually came out and said it. Other than that, I liked how the seven kids were SO different and that not all of them got along, but they were linked by their birthdays that were scarred by the serial killer's capture. That, however, was one of the only good things about the movie. So even though this movie wasn't all that scary or even amazing over all, just being able to see Max Thieriot on the TV screen definitely makes watching My Soul to Take worth the two hours. If you're looking for a good, scary movie, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a movie with an below-average story, but one where you can ogle over the cute, drool-worthy guy, then check out this movie. 




2 comments:

  1. My main reason to watch this too was because of Max. I'm head over heels for him too, :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

    Cs.astronomy.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...