Saturday, October 22, 2011

Shelf Candy (11)

Shelf Candy is a meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews and every Saturday, bloggers choose a book whose cover really catches their eye. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I always do, so I'm choosing books whose cover alone made me pick it up. So I hope you enjoy my shelf candy!


Normally I'm drawn to covers with actual people on them, but when I saw this cover, I was really intrigued. I love how spunky the picture is with the different colored teacups and scraggly font. Then, when I read the summary, I figured out that this was about two sisters who go on a murdering spree because they have the desire to kill. With the story in mind, the red splattering looks like blood (which I had though before looked like cherry juice or something) and the cover gets 10 times cooler than it was before. Based off of all that, this cover manages to embody what the story is about while being simple and eye-catching. 




1 comment:

  1. The feminine, the delicate and the creepy. Makes me want to know more. Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...