Friday, January 6, 2012

Even More 2012 Challenges!

Since I did not participate in ANY challenges last year, I have decided to partake in even more than I had initially thought of. To add to my challenge list, I am going to join the 100+ challenge hosted by Book Chick City and the 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation challenge hosted by Reading With Tequila. Here's a little bit about each challenge!


This contest runs from January of 2012 to December of 2012 and the goal is simple: read over 100 books in one year. Since my Goodreads goal is to read 130 books, I'm hoping this challenge will be a piece of cake for me. If you want to join in on this challenge, you can sign up here!


For this challenge, Reading With Tequila provided a list of the top 25 recommended books of 2011 and the challenge is to set a goal of how many books from that list you will read. I'm going with level two where I will read 10 lists from that book because many of them are already on my TBR list. They could even count towards my TBR reading challenge for this year! Yay! If you interested in joining in on this challenge, you can sign up here! And here's a list of the 25 recommended books: 


  1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
  2. Divergent by Veroncia Roth*
  3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen*
  4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 
  5. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 
  6. Graceling by Kristin Cashore* 
  7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare* 
  8. The Stand by Stephen King 
  9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver* 
  10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling 
  11. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
  12. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini* 
  13. The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco 
  14. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon* 
  15. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal 
  16. The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle 
  17. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte* 
  18. Enclave by Ann Aguirre 
  19. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson 
  20. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 
  21. Poison Study by Maria V.Snyder 
  22. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa*
  23. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater 
  24. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward* 
  25. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
*The starred books are those I plan to read in 2012

If you want to follow along on my journey towards completing these challenges, make sure you stop by my page labeled 2012 Challenges on my menu bar! And that's it! I hope your 2012 is as successful as I hope mine is! 


3 comments:

  1. That's some very awesome goals! I wish I could join, but being an English student, my free time is spent reading what I'm told to read. Many blessings to you in the New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Jess! That seems awfully ambitious, but I have a lot of confidence in your reading prowess. Putting The Stand on there hardly seems fair, though, that's like 1,200 pages or something! You should get def extra credit for that. Kind of a good book, though, as I recall, I'm not so sure I'd like it now as much as I did when I was in the throes of my Stephen King obsession ... Anyway, I'll be looking forward to your reviews of them and cheering wildly from the sidelines!
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what goals you are setting! I'm jealous... I wish I had more time to read. I don't get to read nearly as many books as I'd like. I've joined this blogger recommendation challenge too... but only Level I. If I think I can read more than that, I will up it as I go through the year.

    Just wanted to say hi! New follower! Happy Reading!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...