Saturday, February 4, 2012

Movie Review: Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol


Summary: In the 4th installment of the Mission Impossible series, Ethan Hunt and his team are racing against time to track down a dangerous terrorist named Hendricks, who has gained access to Russian nuclear launch codes and is planning a strike on the United States. An attempt by the team to stop him at the Kremlin ends in a disaster, with an explosion causing severe destruction to the Kremlin and the IMF being implicated in the bombing, forcing the President to invoke Ghost Protocol, under which the IMF is disavowed, and will be offered no help or backup in any form. Undaunted, Ethan and his team chase Hendricks to Dubai, and from there to Mumbai, but several spectacular action sequences later, they might still be too late to stop a disaster.


Review: I haven't seen the other three Mission Impossibles (at least if I haven I don't remember them), so I went into this without any big expectations. That being said, I feel like it ended up being just okay. It seemed like the entire movie all they said was "this is impossible" or "oh well, guess it's all over" and it got annoying really fast. Yes, I know this is Mission Impossible, but it's not like you have to remind us every 5 minutes. Other than that little thing, the rest of the movie had its ups and downs. 


The action was pretty good; the fight seems were awesome and the gadgets were cool but I felt like there could have been more. The storyline was just okay and I got confused at some parts, especially because some characters weren't really explained so I had no idea who they were. Some scenes were pretty cool though, especially Tom Cruise scaling an insanely tall building or Tom Cruise chasing a bad guy through an insane sand storm in India. His team was okay, but I feel like the girl's story wasn't really believable because she just complained about her boyfriend or whatever he was who had died. I really liked the other two guys though, so I guess they made up for her. 


So overall, the fourth installment of this movie was just average when it comes to the big hype that comes with it. It wasn't as amazing as I though it would be, but it still wasn't bad. I would give this movie a 3.5 stars, but more on the lower side. I just don't think it was good enough to deserve a whole 4 stars. I don't really know what this movie was missing, there just could have been more. 






2 comments:

  1. Hey, movie reviews! It's a full service blog now! Nice! I guess I'm not surprised to hear this was kind of meh, I saw the first one (my wife LOVES these kind of movies), and I thought it was pretty bad, too. I am super excited about The Vow coming out though, are you planning on seeing/reviewing that? Cuz I'll be curious to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I haven't seen any of these movies, but my boyfriend wanted me to go to see this one. I have been giving it some thought because I didn't know if it would be confusing since I didn't see the others. I guess I won't be lost- but I may not love it!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...