Thursday, February 28, 2013

Follow My Book Blog Friday (78)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: Confess your blogger sins! Is there anything as a newbie blogger that you've done, that as you gained more experience you were like-- oops? 

Answer: Hmmm the only thing I can really think of is when I got so excited when authors would contact me that I accepted anything and everything. That meant books from self-published authors that were absolutely horrid. Yet, crazy me, has an issue with not finishing a book, so I would force myself to finish their book no matter how bad the editing or plot or characters were. And then I had to write a review about them. I was just dying from reading so many books that I just didn't want to read...


Now, I know to only accept books I actually want to read and have a good feeling will be enjoyable. My TBR list has grown SO big that I don't want to pile it down with books that I don't even want to read. I'm so happy I learned this lesson because after that short little period of hating reading books that were just awful, I can really appreciate the awesome books I read now. Just because a book is free, doesn't mean it's going to be good! So be careful what you accept :)

15 comments:

  1. Yes, yes! I have like 3 books waiting to be read that I don't want to DNF but the beginning SUCK SO BAD. I'm trying to be more careful what I accept but I'm such a sucker sometimes.

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old GFC follower actually. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't always accept reviews. I too get excited that authors are choosing me, but then when I read what the book is about, I wonder if they even read my review policy. Other times their books just doesn't grab my interest from the description so I usually pass.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Requested reviews make me feel bad when I have to turn them down. I have to remind myself that if I'm not interested in the synopsis, then what type of review can I give it? I'm not helping the author by saying yes because I feel bad by turning them down.

    Jessica @ Literary, etc
    (old follower)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower via the FF from parajunkee. tiffyfit.blogspot.com

    Oh, I've already had a couple of those self-published books. Just awful. I try to finish everything as well. Your blog is beautiful, I adore the background, and that GIF made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog design :D

    My reply for #FF is very similar.

    Here's my Feature & Follow Friday.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answer! I think we are all guilty of OMG YES ILL READ YOUR BOOK!!! syndrome. LOL. When I first started, finding out I could read a book for free was like.. shocking and incredible. I had no idea it could happen, so i said yes to everyone, too.
    I'm an old follower!
    Here's my Feature and Follow Friday Post
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still extremely new and definitely a "way too excited for my own good" reviewer. So far, so good but I know it's only a matter of time lol.

    New Follower :)
    Christyn @ The Book Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yah, I did that a few times and it was aweful.
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/friday-56-23-feature-friday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a similar answer! My TBR shelf is just too big that I can't handle many review requests. Old follower.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hard to say no! I can completely relate. I hit a reading slump for a bit because the books were just no good (feeling that way about the current one too). Then to try to write something positive about it... ugh. So stressful. I can't leave a book unfinished either, so that makes it doubly hard!

    New follower from FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. er, not new. sorry. meant to say old follower from FF . bleh

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old follower here :)
    I think a lot of us did that when we first got here, you're good for powering through! But it's important to learn to say no, even though it's super hard. I normally don't, which might be a mistake in itself, I generally will just ignore requests if I'm not interested in reading *cringe*

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I know the feeling already!
    New follower here!
    My F&F

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...