Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (80)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Spies and Prejudice
By Talia Vance
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Summary: Fields’ Rule #1: Don’t fall for the enemy.

Berry Fields is not looking for a boyfriend. She’s busy trailing cheaters and liars in her job as a private investigator, collecting evidence of the affairs she’s sure all men commit. And thanks to a pepper spray incident during an eighth grade game of spin the bottle, the guys at her school are not exactly lining up to date her, either. 

So when arrogant—and gorgeous—Tanner Halston rolls into town and calls her “nothing amazing,” it’s no loss for Berry. She’ll forget him in no time. She’s more concerned with the questions surfacing about her mother’s death. 

But why does Tanner seem to pop up everywhere in her investigation, always getting in her way? Is he trying to stop her from discovering the truth, or protecting her from an unknown threat? And why can’t Berry remember to hate him when he looks into her eyes?

With a playful nod to Jane Austen, Spies and Prejudice will captivate readers as love and espionage collide.



I love any contemporary fiction that has to do with the classics, so when I saw this one, I got way too excited. Jane Austen has become one of my favorite authors and this sounds like a super fun spin on Pride and Prejudice. And you can never go wrong with a good spy book :)

8 comments:

  1. This looks great - I love romantic suspense type books and having a tie to a classic makes it even better! I'll be adding this to my tbr too!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my list, too! Anything Austen and I'm in, add in some suspense and spies and I'm now freaking out haha. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really curious about this one. I can't wait to see how it is connected with Jane Austen's novel. Great pick.
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like the kind of read that I would enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh interesting! Haven't heard of this one sounds like an intriguing read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, I'm liking the sound of this one! And I agree... you can never go wrong with a good spy book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! Adding to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything such as this just before. So nice to seek out somebody with a few original ideas on this subject. realy we appreciate you starting this up. this site is something that is required on the net, a person with a little originality. valuable project for bringing something totally new towards the web!

    Click Here
    Indiegogo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...