Sunday, June 16, 2013

Book Review: The Edge of Never by JA Redmerski

The Edge of Never
By JA Redmerski
Release Date: November 15, 2012
Source: Own Copy
Summary: Sometimes life takes you off course . . .

THE EDGE OF NEVER

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?


Review: I have been dying to read this book ever since it came out back in November and everyone seemed to love it. Not to mention I've been reading some fabulous New Adult books and can't seem to keep away from them! So finally being able to pick this one up definitely made me excited. 

Camryn has been making her way through life, thinking she new exactly how things were going to end up. But one night out with her best friend changes every and she has to get away, so she hops on a Greyhound bus and just goes without looking back. The last thing she expects to find on the trip is Andrew, a tattooed and intriguing 25-year-old who has things of his own to figure out. And when they get to talking, Camryn finds that Andrew might be just what she needs to lead the life she's always wanted and leave all of her old troubles behind. 

When I first started reading this book, things got off to a rocky start. The plot was just weird with Camryn, her best friend, and her best friend's boyfriend. I didn't hit it off with Camryn right away and I just wasn't really into the story. But once she got on the bus and left that life behind, this book was IMPOSSIBLE to put down. 

A big part of why I actually started to enjoy this book was definitely Andrew. His character had such a spark and added a whole other level to the story. Camryn's character became so much more tolerable and I actually liked her when she was with Andrew as opposed to when she was just with her friend in the beginning. Their bantering and the way Andrew made Camryn slowly trust him was so gosh darn adorable. The little fun trials and adventures they go on, too, are so fun and I couldn't wait to see what else their road trip brought their way. 

And talk about emotional. Oh my gosh. I literally almost had a heart attack at the end of this book by the way the author was just playing with my emotions. The beginning and the middle of the book are this cute story about two strangers with an undeniable attraction who go on this crazy, unknown adventure together just to live life and figure out who they are. But the ending is such a whirlwind of emotion and suspense. By that point, I couldn't put the book down until I was finished and figured every last detail out.

I would have loved to give the book a 5 star rating because of the great ending and intense emotions the author was able to draw out, but the beginning bothered me so much that I almost didn't read it. So because of that, I could only give this one four star. But a really high four stars! If you can get over a kind of awkward and "meh" beginning, you should seriously read this book. The ending will be worth it when it arrives.



2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read this for a while! Great review and I'm glad you liked it:)
    K @ My Favorite Escape

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a book that moves me, so I think I'll have to give this a shot. Super review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...