Sunday, June 19, 2016

Book Review: All Wound Up by Jaci Burton

All Wound Up (Play By Play #10)
By Jaci Burton
Release Date: August 4, 2015
Source: Publisher
Tucker Cassidy is going through a slump—but not on the field. It’s his dating life that’s suffering. After having a painful altercation involving his ex-girlfriend’s knee, Tucker is convinced it couldn’t get worse…until a gorgeous doctor comes to the rescue at his most embarrassing moment.
 
As the daughter of the owner of the St. Louis Rivers, Dr. Aubry Ross has been around jocks all her life. She knows the ins and outs of all their games, and she isn’t interested in playing.
 
When Tucker repeatedly lands in the hospital where she’s working, Aubry starts to think he’s getting injured just to see her. Tucker is both funny and sexy, and Aubry is pleasantly surprised to discover he actually respects her job.
 
When her father disapproves of their relationship, Aubry knows she’d rather lose Tucker than have him lose his job. But Tucker isn’t about to let threats of a trade get in the way of a game-changing love…




I feel like I say this before every sports romance book I review, but I am total sucker for a good sports romance. There's something about athletes that is just so attractive, so I love reading love stories that involve them. Jaci Burton is already on book #10 in her sports romance series and while I have really enjoyed the other books I've read, All Wound Up missed the mark for me. 

Tucker Cassidy has been lacking in the love department lately, especially after his girlfriend dumps him after he refuses to move in with her. But when he continues to bump into the beautiful Dr. Aubrey Ross, who is also the daughter of the owner of his baseball team, Tucker isn't going to let her get away that easily. Aubrey has enough going on during her residency and the last thing she needs is a relationship distracting her, or so her father says. But when the gorgeous Tucker Cassidy lands in her ER, Aubrey finds herself falling for the hunky baseball player and, try as she may, she just can't resist his persistent charm. 

Going into this one, I was super excited. Out of all of the sports, I love baseball the most, so I was excited that Tucker was a baseball player. Sadly, he was preoccupied with the same things about his pitching and it just got annoying by the end. I enjoyed the moments of the baseball games that we got, but I wish he wasn't so hung up on his curveball. His baseball storyline just seemed a bit flat and not that interesting to me. Also, what Aubrey's father did near the end just seemed cliche and thrown in there for drama. I wasn't a fan of that added part of the plot. 

Onto the romance, I loved how Tucker and Aubrey met and how much they liked each other when they didn't want to. However, a lot of their romance was just focused on the physical part and I could have done without the constant sex. Give their romance a little more substance and focus a little more on their actual relationship and not only the physical side of things! 

In the end, I just wasn't into this book as much as I wanted to be. The romance started off great, but nothing really developed more and we didn't get a real depth to the characters. While Jaci Burton is a great author, this wasn't her best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...